Jewellery and Accessories Care Guide
To keep your jewellery’s brilliance, learn what to avoid and how to care for your precious metals, silver, plated gold, stones and Swarovski crystals with the care instructions below:
Caring For and Wearing Your Jewellery and Accessories
- To help protect the durability and high-quality of your jewellery and accessories, remove your jewellery and accessories when you shower, bathe or engage in heavy exercise, particularly when swimming in the sea or a chlorinated swimming pool.
- All of our stones and crystals are natural and therefore can be vulnerable to absorbing dirt and to chipping. Settings may also become loose over-time.
- Avoid spraying perfume, applying creams or any other liquids directly onto your jewellery.
- Keep your jewellery and accessories away from extreme temperatures, humidity or sunlight.
- Avoid wearing your jewellery and accessories when using bleach, cleaning products and other chemicals.
How to Store Your Jewellery and accessories
- We highly recommend that you store your jewellery and accessories in the original branded packaging provided or another suitably lined box or soft pouch and place a small packet of desiccant crystals in the packaging if you live in a humid climate.
- Ideally store your pieces of jewellery and accessories separately, so that they don’t rub together or become tangled.
Cleaning Precious Metals
- To keep your jewellery looking radiant and to remove the build-up of dirt and premature tarnish we recommend using our own The uniek polishing cloth (available on request). Rub the piece in one direction rather than circular motions.
- A Silver cleaner can be used to clean Sterling Silver pieces but not 18ct Rose or Yellow Gold Vermeil.
- Do not use tissue paper or paper towels to clean metal as they can cause scratching.
Cleaning Crystals and Stones
- Since many natural crystals and stones can be quite delicate, hot water, harsh chemicals and cleaners should be avoided at all times.
- Clean your crystals and stones with a clean, soft, damp cloth after wearing.
- Very porous stones such as Turquoise, Howlite and Emerald should be cleaned using an untreated, dry, soft cloth only.
- Do not use tissue paper or paper towels to clean crystals and stones as they can cause scratching.
Cleaning Cord Bracelets
- The best way to clean the thread on your corded bracelets is to occasionally wash them with a soft sponge and mild soap in lukewarm water.
How to Prevent Tarnishing
- All our Sterling Silver product is protected with an anti-tarnish solution to help prevent tarnish but this may eventually wear with time.
- Silver tarnishes rapidly when exposed to certain substances in our everyday lives so we recommend caring for, wearing and storing your jewellery as mentioned above.
Nickel is a trace metal which can be found in any precious metals such as silver or gold, it is also classified as an allergen.
Our suppliers do not add Nickel to the jewellery and accessories.